Monday 10 June 2013

My New Blog - How I Became a Ski Instructor

For many ski instructors in Europe the road to full certification is a rocky one with many highs and lows along the way. There is hard work and sacrifice and long hours of training. This is interspersed with the euphoria of passing the Eurotest for example. For me the earliest exams were not too bad - I passed everything first time round as far as Level 3, although some of those were pretty close. Moving on to Level 4 has been a long and difficult journey. with many failed hurdles and returns to training with a renewed determination.

With this in mind I have decided to spend some time over this summer writing down the story of how I became a ski instructor. Hopefully this might provide some idea of what it involves for those thinking of embarking on the same path. I know I have touched on this in recent posts with some advice for those considering a ski teaching career, and this is what got me thinking that it might be a good idea to tell my story of the last ten years.

Given that this project will involve quite a lot of writing, I have created a new blog to keep those posts together, rather than writing them in this blog. Please do have a look and let me know what you think.

1 comment: