Wednesday 7 December 2011

Reconaissance walks

Whilst waiting for the snow to arrive, I took a walk out into the back country yesterday to have a look at the conditions. I have some climbs and ski descents planned for the winter, and I wanted to have a good look at the terrain, as well as the current snow cover. Understanding the geography of an area is a big advantage when it comes to skiing it safely as a lot of time can be lost by taking a wrong turn. As well as that it was a pleasant way to spend an afternoon, and it is always surprising to find an apparent wilderness with few signs of civilisation only an hour's walk from an overdeveloped ski area.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos. Walking into these scenery is indeed a great experience. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me this is a great place. But I don't I can live with this kind of far from the civilization.

    ReplyDelete